Tuesday, July 29, 2008

from the desk of CamiKaos...

I'm having trouble writing the past month or so and I've thought of plenty of reasons why, but most of them are bull. Most of them have no meaning. No reality.

They are excuses.

Except one.

One is a real honest to goodness reason. One is the truth. One speaks volumes about who I am... what I'm like...

My laptop is broken.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I have some unexplained emotional connection or love hate relationship with my cursed laptop (this is the 2nd time I've had to send it to the manufacturer). It's just that without the laptop...

My laptop...

I can not write the way I am accustomed to. Sure I'm sitting here with keys in front of me typing away, but I'm sitting at the desk in the loft.

I don't write here. I don't live here.

Normally I curl up in my big soft bed nestled into pillows with my laptop atop my lap.

There I can write. There I can think. There I can dream with my eyes and heart wide open...

Where do you write?

9 comments:

Korie said...

When I blog I have to type and both computers are up in the office, which s next to the bedroom.
But for me "writing" is different that blogging and I ovten write in a little notebook by the canal on the Graslei or in the Vooruit, a large student-y restaurant and lounge.

Giddy. said...

I actually have a hard time blogging on my laptop. I do better if I'm sitting at the desktop with a glass of wine.

Though, I do keep my notebook with me, and will scribble down ideas, and partial thoughts as I have them.

stephanie said...

Maybe because I'm a Hemingway-esque genius (heh) but more likely because I'm a hack who regularly avoids doing what she's supposed to, I can write wherever I happen to be.

I love being at the PC desk (with wine, like giddy) but also with laptop at my makeshift TV tray desk, on the couch, in a cozy chair at Panera; I'm easy like a Sunday morning.

Clearly, you are more discerning. Best of luck getting back on track.

Travis Erwin said...

I write anywhere and anytime I can. I am a junkie.

flutter said...

livingroom chair, surrounded by crafty crap and next to The Boy

Jo Beaufoix said...

I have to write on our pc in my kitchen. I have shelves and baskets full of toys on my right, and Flora the gerbil on my left.
I really want a laptop so I can write while sitting beside Mr B or in a little cafe somewhere sipping lattes, but I make do with the pc and a glass of wine. Hope your laptop gets better soon sweetie.

holly said...

oh i set up this lovely spot under the stairs. i got a lovely sittin' chair, an uplighter, a set of shelves and ... my laptop is starting to merge with my actual lap.

one day it will be hard to walk to work, but hey, at least i can write while i walk, right?

perhaps not.

AngelConradie said...

i also like to write in bed, though inspiration sometimes strikes at work and then i wanna go bananas because i HAVE to work when i WANT to write!

Xithor said...

Either in my comfy recliner in our living room, or the front porch.

That is when I'm able to write anything. It's been a bad month.