Tuesday, March 06, 2007

the condition of my soul is fine... but thanks for asking...

I almost *almost* had nothing to say today. Nothing to blog about. You see my head is swirling absorbing new information, preparing to do new things, raising my child, dealing with all this glorious sunshine and preparing for my birthday... I had given over to a bloggless day but just as I was leaving to pick K up from school I inspected the mail. A hand addressed letter had arrived made out to Mr. Kaos...

I looked at the return address... the name was oddly familiar though I have no idea why. I called and asked if I should open it (wouldn't want to break any laws or regulations by tampering with my husband's mail). He didn't know the name so while I talked with him I opened it up...

At first I was quite befuddled by the neat hand written note on beige notebook paper... I began to read:

Dear Mr. Mike Germanname

My name is Blank Blankity. I am writing to you today, because I have been unable to find you at home.

WHAT? Some one knows his name and is trying to find him at home? ACKKKKK creepy creepy creepy. In case you haven't guessed we aren't what you would call "people persons"


But when I read some more I realized that this Mr. Blankity was truly deeply concerned about the state of the the Mr's soul... He didn't appear particularly concerned about the souls residing inside of K or myself, but Mr. Kaos... he has a soul worth saving.

I read the entire letter. Almost 2 pages hand written. How can I express how touched I was? I can't. I can't at all. I caught up with a neighbor at school and asked her if anyone had been concerned about her soul as of late and no, in fact her soul was free of the burden of other people's worry... but the same caring man that had been so concerned about Mr. Kaos had sent her husband a letter too, and on the very same day.

Phew... I thought maybe my man had gone off the sinner chart to a remarkable degree and needed that saving more than anyone else... glad to know its the whole neighborhood that's going to hell and not just us...

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

At least you'll have good (for the most part) neighbors in hell.