Sunday, February 04, 2007

consumer whore cami... again...

So it's been a while since I went the consumer whore Cami route and screamed that I loved some technological hoo ha but here goes...

We spent the weekend shopping around for a new laptop (days 2& 3 of the 40 day celebration of the birth of me). Saturday found us at the tattoo parlor for a consult on my 30th birthday tattoo... then off to Pioneer Place mall to check out the Mac store. Oh so pretty mac books and pros... the love was almost too much, it was all we could do not to buy one on the spot... but we had more looking to do. We did a little shopping and then had a quick lunch at Alessandro's before we tried to head home... It was so nice out though that we decided to head over the the library and Vino (again)...

What does this have to do with consumer whore Cami? Nothing... But we did ask everyone we met along the way about Mac Books and Mac Book Pros...

This morning (Super Bowl Sunday woo hoo go team) we thought it would be a great time to go laptop shopping. Boy were we right... We got a great deal on a spankin new HP notebook complete with Vista... umm... did I say Vista? But we don't want Vista. We really don't. I don't need the trouble of a whole new operating system... re learning word... and junk... Mike was way down on the Vista. The original plan was to either buy a Mac Book or buy a Windows machine right before the Vista release and try to get a good deal... so how did I wind up with this pretty shiny happy nice new HP laptop with all sorts of doodads and goodies and Vista... and the new office...

And why oh why do I SOOOOO love the new OS & Office? First off they did a ton of things right that they should have done right before. There are a ton of cool new features... my favorites in Vista being the quick search right in the menu, being able to scroll through all my open windows and the gadgets. Yes I know that so many others have done it before and they should have done it earlier... but they've done it now and they've done it well. I haven't played with most of the new Office but Word is great. I kept hearing that you have to completely re-learn word but I think that's babble. The commands all seemed to work the same way and the only differences seemed... well great. I loved being able to view the fonts and font sizes without having to change a thing...

So yes, it's me consumer whore Cami here and happy to tell you that something rocks... perhaps someday I will tell you all how much something sucks... like oh, my moto razr...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who loves their razor??? I must be. I saw nothing in there about going to look at puppies.