Monday, December 04, 2006

it's a chick, it's a mom, no it's consumer-whore-cami

after singing the praises of my TiVo I thought I had hung up my hat on video technology whoring... but now I have another video love... our new Wii.

Mike decided to buy it Saturday and I was going to wrap it up and put it under the tree for our whole family to enjoy on Christmas morning. He went to buy it Sunday and we thought maybe we should open it and set it up when my parents get in to town so the "whole family" could enjoy it on our holiday break. After brunch we walked home and decided that we are "adults" and we are patient enough to wait until Christmas, but why should we have to?

As my 2nd "post" yesterday would indicate we decided to do the mature thing and hook the sucker up.

wow.

I didn't have to do the set up (though he let me help a little which translates to me playing with the controller which has it's own speaker and awesome feedback). He still doesn't have the wireless connecting so I will let you all know how that goes later. With that said K had tons of fun creating Miis (we finally know what her imaginary friend looks like) and so did we. Mike seems to have a serious crush on my Mii but I think that is another blog altogether...

The sports disc that it comes with is awesome. K loves it because she can see her Mii in all sorts of sporting scenarios and she can play tennis without any help because she doesn't have to work the buttons. I love it because (who would have guessed?) I am not a bad bowler. Mike loves it because he got a work out while we were boxing. It rocks!!!!!

I don't condone the idiocy of standing in line for 3 hours in the freezing cold and dark... but I am so glad he did it because we had great family fun last night. Then once K was sound asleep Mike and I had the sports battle royal... I am bad at tennis.. oh so bad.

I have no doubt that tonight after dinner we will all be down in front of the Wii again having family fun and some much needed exercise.... just what american gamers need.

No comments: