Tuesday, November 07, 2006

When mommy-me goes wild...

I hadn't been out in weeks and weeks without the short one and I was going insane having been cooped up in the house with little adult conversation... don't get me wrong K is very articulate for her age and uses words and phrases that many adults don't... not even sure where she gets them honestly, and Mike is obviously an adult but he works and our evening time is limited... so by the time I got out Saturday I was revved up and ready to go. We went out with some of our really great friends, had a wonderful dinner and some fantastic drinks, we still had time before we had to be home (moms & dads have curfews too when babysitters are involved) so we went to a bar that I had forgotten was some sort of yuppyish meat market... had another drink (apparently my tipsiness was starting to show as mike asked me so sweetly to lay off the martinis) so I had a champagne super nova... ummmmm i may as well have been drinking oversweet fruit punch and vodka it was so sweet but I drank it... realized we had to get home... paid left drove home (not me, nice sober hubby man) went in, paid the babysitter, marveled at my lovely sleeping little girl... at this point I clearly recall calling my friend and leaving her a message (sorry kris) about how much nicer K is asleep and then something about her married name and some drunken babble... then I started folding laundry. Why was I folding laundry half sauced in the middle of the night??? Because I wasn't having another drink is why. Then in the middle of my basket of laundry I was thinking I wonder where Mike is… the phone rang... excitement!!!! drunk cami loves the phone... I answered it and it was mike... whoa I thought, i was just thinking about him... he was at the store wanting to know if I needed anything. What could drunk cami possibly want??? Cherry coke (great idea) Orange Juice (okay not bad) and CHAMPAGNE!!!!!!!! (huh? who okayed this, it is very much like my pretzel yell at the movies) but being the loving and tolerant man he is Mike said "Okay". He came home a few minutes later with all my requested liquids... opened up the champagne and made me a mimosa...... yeah... I remember asking myself if it was a good idea... I apparently thought so because I drank it... and then logged on to myspace.... hmmmmm.... I sent messages to a couple of people... I think two or three.. I know one person received the brunt of them, she's sent me her fair share of drunk e-mails through the years... but this one I wrote, it was special.... I kept telling her what I drinks I had, in what order and their specific contents.... but I couldn't type. Then I told her how much I loved her... and then I kept calling my friend "Krissy" (i'm so sorry)... and how much they would like each other… most of it was unintelligible... consisted of I'm too drunk to type.... then I sent it, decided I wasn't done hit the back button added more content and sent it again... (at this point I was having another mimosa but decided I might want to drink some cherry coke to sober up so I had both) then i sent her another message to explain to her that I had sent the other one twice but that the second had more content.....
At some point I decided sleep would be a good option for me.. actually I think mike decided sleep would be a good option for me since we had a busy day ahead of us...
I admit I never stopped to think I might vomit pass out spin or wake up with a severe hangover... but when I woke up the next morning (and it was morning when I woke up) I was afraid to move... i sat up slowly, looked around and by some miracle I was not in any pain.....
kind of anti climactic huh... but to the one person who got drunken MAILS from me oops sorry and or you're welcome, to any one who MAY have gotten drunken mails, sorry.. hee hee... and Kris even though you didn't know, sorry I kept calling you krissy over and over... hope I didn't do it in person... :)
oh, and woo hoo!

No comments: