Tuesday, September 30, 2008

what's in a name?

When I started this blog nearly 2 years ago the name was an afterthought. I started it for myself, and at the time I didn't really grasp the far reaching tendrils of blogging. I didn't realize that writing this blog was going to become a daily part of my life. I didn't know that blogging would leave such a deep mark on my heart. That it would effect my husband's life. My daughter's.

It didn't occur to me that it would touch everything I do in some way.

I didn't realize that writing this blog would bring me out of myself.

That I would wind up meeting people not only over the vast internets but also right here at home.

So 2 years ago when I started this blog a name was just a name. 'Mommified Me' seemed to sum up nicely who I was and what was going on. The problem? It only made sense to me. A few people have gotten the real meaning of the title in the time I've been writing here. That these pages are a way to reflect the version of me that motherhood has brought about, and not that this blog is about being a mom.

The truth is that I write about such a broad range of topics here that mentioning "mom" in the title seems to be a bit restricting. I've known that for a while but very recently a friend gave me a piece of information that made me realize it was time to let go of my old title.

And what better time than now when all else with my blog is in transition.

Does that mean the content or aim of this blog will change? No. The content will still be the ramblings of CamiKaos. Sometimes I'll talk about things that mean the world to me sometimes I'll talk about a particularly tough stain in my last load of wash, you never know.

As for my aim? When I figure out what I'm aiming for I promise you'll be the first to know.

So without further ado I present to you the new name of my blog:

Cami Kaos

I know... has there ever been a more anticlimactic announcement ever? Maybe I'll had a snazzy subtitle...

12 comments:

Korie said...

Either one is fitting. I got the old title and thought it was cute, but so is your nom de plume. Either way, it's all good.

Mel said...

Well, you know, I love "Mommified Me." It always made sense to me. However, as a person who writes a similar range of subject matter - one day it's about the kids, the next day it's about George Carlin, etc. - I think shifting the focus of your title is a good, smart idea.

Bubblewench said...

What a great new name! Cool.

Jo Beaufoix said...

I'm with Lilacs, but the new is perfect too because it's still you. Hugs.

Lia Hollander said...

Cami Kaos? Really. But that name is so overused.

also

Please make sure you are using hand sanitizer more. Since you are touching so many things.

Thanks.

sybil law said...

Wow.
Did the Earth just move?!
Haha
:)

holly said...

i'm so confused. who the hell is 'cami kaos' and what has she got to do with mommified stuff?

look, i only came here for the free mom tips, now either you make with the info, or i'm cancelling my direct debit. i'm not going to pay £0/month for nothing.

DaddyKaos said...

Ok, so maybe I should change mine from the Blogfather to DK the Blogfather?

DaddyKaos said...

Oh, wait a minute....I alreday did that, guess I should just add my toonlet pic.

flutter said...

LOL I love you Cami.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I think that's a good change. "Mommified Me" fits one aspect of your life, but not all. The new name is a bigger umbrella, as it were, for all aspect of you to fit under.

AngelConradie said...

mwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaa... i like it!