Friday, November 09, 2007

in my world

Yesterday I had entirely too much too do.

Too much work, too much life, too much white noise in my brain. I needed to write about 3,000 words on the novel, work on the finish coat on the bathroom walls, clean the kitchen, tend to the Parent Led Art class at school (it wasn't my week to teach just to help) make dinner and a laundry list of other things, including but not limited to... well the laundry.

So what did I do? Made other stuff to do to keep myself occupied.

I did help at art, and I worked on the walls for HOURS. I made dinner and I ran a load of wash. The rest of the day I spent making a new header for me. Well, three of four of them but I only liked one. Then I made one for a friend because she is patient and tolerant of my need to rearrange the world around me.

Then I talked and talked and talked to my friend because she is patient and tolerant of my need to babble and be babbled to.

Yep.

I need to have some down time. I need to have some time with my family. It seems we are so horribly over scheduled that we don't have time for the little pleasantries of life and those are my favorite parts.

So why did I make MORE work? Because that work was something I wanted. Something for ME to do. And because I didn't have to do it. I got to do it.

I think I need to GET to do more things instead of HAVING to do them.

There is not enough take to my give right now.

12 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Here's to more time to do what you love. Have a great weekend.

Bellevelma said...

I like your new masthead :)

mielikki said...

the header looks great, and so does your "friend's" hee hee.
Yes, take time, go play with the family. Have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

Sigh. I want to move to a planet where the days are super long.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You're right. Freakishly parallel lives. I did the bare minimum on the computer today, shut the ole roll top desk, and spent the rest of the day actually...you know...doing things. It was weird. It was probably good, but it was mostly weird.

Lori said...

This is why I've been absent the past two days. I cleaned out the playroom and the boys' room, got rid of bags and bags of things. Feels good!

Velma said...

I'm feeling trapped by little HAVE-TOs as well. I want more "screw it - I'm leaving for the weekend to see friends" time.

(I'm so impressed that you are NaNoWriMoing!)

flutter said...

The process is to find balance, isn't it? This life? Not perfection but a balance of the extremes?

Take some, babe. You give plenty.

sybil law said...

Yo! The tat header is beautiful! Reminds me of stained glass!
I hope you guys got to hang and chill.
I might be making camac n cheese tomorrow for dinner. :)
And I want pics of what you made! I am dying to see the final product!
xo

CamiKaos said...

Syb: I can't post the pictures because there are some people that sometimes read this blog and they mights see what I made and then they would know. So I will email them. Haha.

Flutter: I love you.

Velma: I'm feeling kind of screw it too. Though I am actually enjoying NaNoWriMo.

Lori: Good for you!

Kimberly: Freakish yes?

Thordora: Have you found it? Which one is it?

Mie: thank you.

bellevelma: thank you.

Lisa: thanks, and you too.

AngelConradie said...

oh my word i do exactly the same thing!!! i have so much to do- but i'll make work for myself so i never get around to it!!!

Unknown said...

I hear you on this one. Between work, school, family, moving, new baby on the way, I sometimes am amazed we're holding it together. It's good to be able to laugh together. I'm looking forward to this time next month.