Friday, November 30, 2007

a happy cami is a...

well, a smug Cami to be frank...

I finished the NaNoWriMo insanity in 29 days.

29.

How many of you can say you wrote a 50,000+ word novel in 29 days?

Well okay, so you can Jo, and so can you Holly.

And I guess that there are plenty of other people that did this whole nanoblahblahwrimothingmajig that have already finished and they can say it too.

But so can I.

Me.

Cami of the Kaos.

Cami of the sleepless nights and child who doesn't eat.

Cami of the cute new holiday header.

Cami of the much bragging.

I did.

And while I was slaving away (woe, oh woe is me) I got an award.

I mean ANOTHER award, one in addition to this one:

(isn't it pretty?)

While I was kind of being neglectful of my house, my husband, my kid, my cats and even all of you, I still managed to rake in this lovely little somethin somethin from Dixiechick because while I was ignoring the world Lori was pimping me out like the super gal pal she is...


Lookie there babies, I'm an Underblog. Wait, no. This is an Underblog which would in turn make me an Underblogger.

Hmm... an Underblogger.

I wonder what I'm under.

***

All of that goodness, it should be enough. It would be enough for anyone really, but that's not all, no it's not.

I finally got some submissions in on the 2007 Kaos Holiday Lyric Contest. The judges will actually have something to judge! Hooray!

We're still taking songs though so send them on in if you have them (just a little hint... technically they are due on Friday before midnight however I won't be looking at my email inbox until Monday morning so I bet you can sneak one in late if you need).

xoxo - CamiKaos

25 comments:

Jo Beaufoix said...

Go Cami. Go Cami. We did it? Can you believe it?
When Kim's done we all need virtual champagne - or real, though I'd rather have vodka in real life.
And Troy deserves it too cos he hit his word target and has two books to go at. How cool is that?
Can't wait to read them all. Do you fancy doing the April Nano editing session?? (I mean, when we've recovered??)

Big hugs Miss Cami. We did it.

Jo Beaufoix said...

oooh and, yay the award and yay the header.

Anonymous said...

Jo,

We cracked open some Spanish Cava tonight. I think we'll open a nice bottle of something French this weekend to celebrate...

Anyway, I am really proud of Cami and I printed out the whole draft so I can dive in and read it.

Congratulations to all of you who participated. I am really amazed and impressed by your efforts!

holly said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm doing a little dance for you. okay, it's a mental dance because i'm at work, and i work with a bunch of guys. they would just think i'm odd(er).

but i AM high fiving you! yes, i'm really rather uncool like that, and i still say things from the 80s like 'totally awesome!'

Anonymous said...

I don't think I can take the same credit that you wonderful NaNoWriMoWinNers can. I don't think it counts the way I did it. Still, I can say that I managed to write around 48,000 words in total between the two novels. I'm proud of that. Plus I was editing...I Can't.Not.Edit.As.I.Go.

So I'm happy, but even happier for you guys! I officially now want to be you when I grow up. I just wouldn't look as hot on a masthead, however.

Unknown said...

Oops - that comment was from me. Dunno why it calls me anonymous. Does it know something I don't?

Bubblewench said...

WOO HOO! I'm so proud of you! Congratulations!! That is totally awesome.

Love the header too! Can I have a christmas one? (imagine me pouty face big eyes)

furiousBall said...

nice job, i'll moonwalk in your honor at some point today

CamiKaos said...

furiousBall: Hooray and thank you! No one ever moonwalks for me anymore

BW: give me something to work with.

Troy: Sure that's you, always taking credit for poor Anonymous's stuff.

Anon: I say you write 2,000 more words today on either novel, scramble them together and submit. That's not cheating right? ;)

Holly: Like OH MY GAW. This is so totally awesome! Like YEAH us!!!!!
(Teehee, felt good to get that out)

Mr. Kaos: xoxoxoxox. You're so sweet.

Jo: No I can't. I'm a little in shock about it. No sitting here trying to pound out another chapter. It's a little liberating to be finished and to have the lovely award. And lets talk about the editing session, it sounds really good but I may cheat a little, I have a secret weapon named Chad who is enough of a glutton for punishment that he has already asked for a copy to edit.

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

You remodeled, posted here, & wrote a book.

A BOOK!

I bow to the Cami of Kaos.

Now celebrate like mad.

Lori said...

Well, damn, I left a message and it's not here. Good for you. I've read your excepts, can't wait to see the final thing. And don't laugh at my song(laugh bc it's funny, not bc it sucks)! I'm an amateur!

mielikki said...

I knew you could do it, Cami of the Kaos. Because you are THAT GOOD.
Congrats, I am so happy for you, and all the others who did that amazing Bert thing. You should all take the weekend off, now.

flutter said...

I am so freakin' proud of you babe!

sybil law said...

YAY!
Of course I already knew, but YAY!
You rock.
Which, of course, YOU already knew, but whatever.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Corey~living and loving said...

congrats of finishing Cami. I am so proud of you!

Kathy's Surprise Party said...

yay...so proud to say I knew you back when you were just a wee little blogger of blogs and not a writer of bert.

julie said...

Yay you! Congrats on finishing... I couldn't have done it!

landismom said...

Congrats!

And I love the new header.

Deb Rox said...

So fucking cool.

Anonymous said...

I am in awe.

The Ferryman said...

Well deserved hardware for your blogging mantle!

CamiKaos said...

thank you everyone!

and...

Dan: No big deal, I just stopped sleeping for the month of November

Kami: who are you again?

Lori: Oh I laughed, for all the right reasons.

Lisa: Would you believe I momentarily forgot about the bathroom. Having that extra working toilet in the house does miracles for sanity.

AngelConradie said...

yay cami!
fantabulistic!
i am so very impressed!!!
maybe i'll try it next year... maybe...

Unknown said...

Corngrats dude.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time go to see at here and i am genuinely pleassant to read all at single place.



Feel free to surf to my site weightloss blog