Thursday, July 19, 2007

I lie...

Surprises are a wonderful thing, wonderful magical things that can also be called lies.

Liar liar my pants are on fire.

Because I have been keeping that big ol secret from K.

The lie. The surprise of her 5 year old lifetime...

And it just got bigger. The lie. The secret. The surprise.

Why? This little liar just got a surprise of her own.

What is it?

I would keep it a secret and let you find out on your own but the knowledge is already out there floating around the big ol interlove and trust me it is very important to me and means very little to most of you...

I very recently discovered that my parents are meeting us in California........

Okay, there I said it, I spilled the beans. That bean only. To you.

Who doesn't know?

K doesn't know.

That's right another big scale liesecretsurprise that we have to keep. Only for a couple of days now but still... we are starting to fray at the edges from all of this powerful knowledge.

But still she has no idea and let me tell you something, if there is anything that could be more completely amazing and magical to K than to find out we are taking her princess loving self to Di$neyland it is seeing her Nana and PapaKaos walk through the door and realize that she gets to spend time with them... AND go to Di$neyland.

She loves her Nana and Papa SO much. Maybe it's because I have such a close relationship with them, I don't know, but whatever the case K misses them. Severely. If she doesn't cry once a week because they live so far away then said week isn't over yet.

And while we saw Nana for her birthday in March, we haven't seen Papa since Christmas. That is a very long time for a family to be without its Papa...

So it's one more lie. One more big ol secret. One more surprise to be handed down when we reach the land of sunshine and characters.

and if you ask me, it's the very best lie of all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post! I’m working on a marketing project with Scholastic to connect with parents like you who are publishing great content. Our goal is to raise awareness about Maya & Miguel http://pbskidsgo.org/mayaandmiguel a program for kids on PBS that promotes cultural diversity and language learning.

I found your post and thought I’d reach out to say hello and ask if you’d like to receive a free Maya & Miguel DVD. If you’d like to receive the DVD just email me at mark@boldmouth.com with your address and I’ll have it shipped it out to you.

If you do choose to blog about Maya & Miguel show or episodes on the DVD, please make it clear how you received the information. Our goal is to be open and honest with everyone we reach.

If you’d like to add Maya & Miguel images from the show on your blog you can pick them up here - http://www.boldmouth.com/maya_and_miguel/

Mark Steidler, BoldMouth

Unknown said...

Awesome! I am so excited for K. I really wish I could see her face when those surprises unfold. (I'm imagining a happy dance of joy).

Bubblewench said...

hate ads.

LOVE that papa an nana are coming and that K will be SO suprised!! She is going to be bouncing off the happy walls!

Anonymous said...

That is going to be one happy little girl! I'm excited for her!

sybil law said...

Is K's heart good? Because I am picturing a child mini heart attack at Disneyland!
Have fun. :)
xoxo

mielikki said...

She is probably going to glow for the entire trip. I love it.

Lori said...

What a wonderful, wonderful vacation!

thordora said...

We're doing something similiar to my oldest for her birthday-her Aunt is just going to show up, and Vivian will likely crap her pants. :)

Jen said...

Augh! I love hearing about all your plans but it's killing me. Killing me! Can your next big suprise be that I'm coming with you on vacation? Just think how thrilled your family will be when you announce that a gassy, pukey, hormonal stranger will be tagging along with them! Think about it!