Monday, May 21, 2007

our vacation?

Mr. Kaos is on vacation.

Nope, we're not going anywhere. really. at all.

Well maybe to the local tech super store, the plumbing store, the craft store.

Today.

But he's on vacation. ALL WEEK.

When I woke up this morning it was to K's quiet questioning voice

K: Can I have something to eat?

CK: Ask daddy.

K: Where is daddy?

CK: Ask daddy.

K: That doesn't make any sense.

CK: He's either upstairs or downstairs go find him, I'm still sleeping.

THUMP THUMP. SLAM. stomp stomp stomp.

K: DADDDDDDDY!! OOOOHHHH DADDDDY WHERE ARE YOU????

K: DADDY? ARE YOU UPSTAIRS???

MK: No.

K: WHERE. ARE. YOU?

By this time I was awake enough to look at the clock, by the time K realized DADDDDDDY was in the basement I had received and processed the information the clock was giving me. The information that I couldn't quite believe. It was 9:36. K and I both slept until 9:36 am.

9:36. Cool.

She went down to find DADDDDY and by the time they came back upstairs I was already firmly rooted here at the table working on the musical slide show tribute to K and her classmates that I need to have finished by tomorrow so they can use it in the graduation ceremony on Thursday.

Preschool. Graduation. Ceremony. Yes, with caps AND gowns.

Graduation is the primary reason for Mr. Kaos being on vacation. K is freaking out just a wee little bit about things being different. She doesn't like change.

His first official act as vacation husband?

To make me breakfast. Cheesy smokey grits with a side of assagio chicken sausage to be exact.

Boy oh boy did I marry the right man.

3 comments:

mielikki said...

I hope Mr. K has a nice, somewhat relaxing vacation. Graduation, with caps and gowns? How fun. Do they play pomp and circumstance, too?

Bubblewench said...

He better get some relaxin in before we get there!! I can't wait to see the video of K's graduation!

Jordan McCollum said...

Taking a vacation AND grits? You're so lucky! When my husband took off most of the day for my birthday (as a surprise), I just about cried!