Thursday, November 23, 2006

to blog or not to blog

to blog or not to blog... that was the big question today... you can see the answer. At the end of this hectic day I just wanted to have a seat in my room, listen to some quiet music and wrap up in a blanket so here I am doing all that, listening to Mike on the phone with his parents in the other room while K waits to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas & Horton Hears a Who.

Through the haze that is today a few things stand out to me:

-Even if you are only cooking for 6 people Thanksgiving dinner is still a lot of work
-I am so pissed off that my kid couldn't watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with out me sitting there pausing and then skipping through commercials because they were so wildly inappropriate for kids. the amount of violence and implied violence was truly disturbing...
-I get along so much better with my brother now than I did as a kid
-I make rockin good mashed potatoes and desert
-my stuffing isn't half bad either
-The thought of all that food is more appealing than eating it
-I am glad today is winding down
-One of my friends sent me a t-day text. happy
-Some one else did and I think I know who it is but I am not sure and I don't really want to ask or bother to try to check the area code against other numbers cause I am so tired
-Mike is obsessed with baking bread
-I have a great family
-I really miss my friends

happy thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Giddy. said...

I was standing in the kitchen with all my family when I got your text. I read it out loud and everyone said, "awwwww." My mom was thrilled.

I totally agree... the thought of all that food (and for me, even making a bunch of it) is so nice, but the eating it part... ugh.