Saturday, November 25, 2006

"K stop it"

Today it seems the only words out of my mouth have been "No" "stop it" "why did you do that" and "What were you thinking"

It has been one of those days of non stop chatter, touching, poking, dropping, grabbing, chasing, questioning and poor impulse control. It takes me back to when K was 18 months and exploring everything with no idea of reasonable boundaries... but now she knows boundaries. She knows the word no. she understands what happens when you drop things and when you do things your aren't supposed to do. But she also knows I can't keep my eye on her every single second and she knows how to manipulate the situation in her favor.

And it seems she can't wait til Santa Claus comes because it is the only thing she can talk about and the talking is non stop. She wants to decorate more. she wants to figure out what cookies to leave for santa. And you know what? It is sweet. It is winter wonder in the house and it is driving me nuts today. Maybe because I am sore, maybe because I barely slept last night, maybe because I am an irritable bitch... but I know how sweet and cute it is... and still I want to sit on the front porch with music blasting in my ears in an attempt to block it out for a few minutes... because in our enthusiasm for Christmas we have locked ourselves in for these happenings all day every day from now until Christmas eve...

1 comment:

sybil law said...

I hate those days!!! I guess they're just REtesting their boundaries, but why?! WHYYYY?!
It's a good thing we love them so much, some days.
I wonder if they're ever thinking the same about us?!