Thursday, November 09, 2006

fever

never know how much I love you
never know how much I care,
when you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear

while I do so love that song... sadly it's not what I'm talking about... I've got the fever... the 100 degree fever to be exact... I can't say I couldn't see this coming... K just missed an entire week of preschool for fever and related symptoms... it was not fun keeping a lonely 4 year old home and away from her friends for a week but it had to be done... but what is to be done with me... how does mommy take a sick day?
I imagine my sick day is a lot like hers. I make her something to eat, set up some art projects, turn on a movie or two and try to get her to stay as calm as possible... except it's so I can get some rest... so here I am sitting in front of my computer suddenly feeling awful... and why was it so sudden. she got sick slowly, was sick, then felt better s-l-o-w-l-y... I can't take that time. I have a kid to care for, stuff to clean, appointments to make, things to write, art to create, food to cook (bleh... I LOVE FOOD but right now everything sounds awful) doll clothes to mend, cats to herd, stuffed animals to dress (K's main hobby this week), laundry to fold, play dates to arrange, K's school book orders to put together, books to read.... I would go on but my head is starting to spin and it is the fever not the list...
so really how does mommy call in sick?

No comments: